Mobile Money Monitoring Platform
The M3 allows for the real-time monitoring of all Mobile Money transactions processed by the Mobile Money services in a given country. Through the ongoing collection, consolidation and analysis of Mobile Money information, it enables Governments and relevant agencies to address the issues that arise in a rapidly developing mobile payment services ecosystem, including the enforcement of AML, KYC and CFT standards.
Overall, the M3 provides the data required to oversee the Mobile Money industry and ensure its harmonious and sustainable development in compliance with laws and regulation. The M3 helps reap the full benefits of Mobile Money as a powerful financial inclusion while addressing its vulnerabilities in terms of consumer protection, money laundering, and revenue leakages.
- Allows for a real oversight of the Mobile Money Market in the country, enabling authorities to verify compliance with relevant laws and regulation, including:
- AML (Anti-Money Laundering) Laws
- KYC (Know-your-customer) standards and rules
- CFT (Combat-the-Financing-of-Terrorism) standards
- Provides a clear and comprehensive view of the Mobile Money market evolution and trends in the country, in real-time and over any period.
- Better informs the decision-making and policy-making processes related to Mobile Money through comprehensive and up-to-date information.
- Can be used in conjunction with AML complementary services to track and investigate money-laundering activities.